Thursday 11 August 2016

Jim Corbetts style of story telling.

Folks, I'm not ashamed to say that I copied Jim Corbetts style of story telling. In fact I picked up stories where the great Corbett left off. Folks we Indians loved him because he loved us. He was an Englishman in India who had the option to go to England and lead a relaxed life with income from his book royalties. But he didn't do that. He stayed back and worked in India in hot malaria infested area's. If Indians suffered the hot climate, he suffered with us. I live in a town just sixteen miles from where he worked as an officer in the Indian railways in charge of the ferries. So basically I knew quite a few old men(they are now all dead) in my childhood who remembered him. And just five miles downstream of the Ganges where he worked is my ancestral village. Now folks I inherited a bungalow which belonged to British indigo planters during the period Jim Corbett worked nearby. So it can be expected that Jim Corbett socialized with the owners of my bungalow since he was one of the few Britishers around. So Jim Corbett most probably visited or stayed in my bungalow. The railway bridge in my town was replaced in 1911 by Doorman and Long company of England. It is the same company that constructed the iconic Sydney Harbor Bridge and the bridge over the river  Nile. And since my bungalow was the only British building around, and the only livable building around, I'm sure the engineers stayed here or at least socialized here. Including Jim Corbett. And folks, ghosts do roam around my house. One day I was getting the ground in my backyard dug up. The laborers struck bricks. They uprooted the bricks and I realized too late they were throwing out bones. I realized it was most probably an Englishman's grave, or a family member of the owner of the house whom Jim Corbett, E M Forster, and Rudyard Kipling must have known. These folks must have stopped here to ford the river while the bridge was being constructed, Folks that is why I always look up at the ceiling of my house when I write. And yes, I copied their story telling style. Here are the links of to two of my books on man eaters.
https://www.amazon.com/Man-Eating-Leopard-Bhim-Bandh-ebook/dp/B01HWYETCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470970298&sr=8-1&keywords=ashok+singh%28kindle%29
https://www.amazon.com/Man-Eating-Tigers-Bhim-Bandh-ebook/dp/B01GZ8LNO2/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1470973745&sr=8-9&keywords=ashok+singh%28kindle%29

Man Eating Leopard in Bhim Bandh: Great White Hunter by [Singh, Ashok Kumar]


No comments:

Post a Comment