Thursday 15 August 2019



Discovery of one of the first statues of Padmasambhava. "Jallappa Sthan" temple in Lakhisarai district. This video is of a statue I found in Jalappa Sthan in Lakhisarai District of Bihar. Jalappa Sthan is the place where the King of Zahor, locally called Sahur, tried to burn Padmasambhava and Mandarva but water came and doused the flames. This is exactly what Jalappa Sthan means. Initially I thought it was a statue of Mandarva. But the inquisitive me lifted the red cloth covering the statue. I saw stomach muscles that were male. And I saw the statue was holding a trident and pointing it at a child. This was Padmasambhava no doubt as he had killed a child with a trident for which he was banished to the charnel ground of the cold forest. SO FOLKS THIS COULD BE ONE OF THE FIRST STATUES OF PADMASAMBHAVA.

Here is the link of the video showing the Padmasambhava statue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGQKUm0dxRg

No comments:

Post a Comment