Thursday 15 August 2019



Discovery of Bhoganagara according to the Mahaparinirvana story. Today it is Bhagwanpur in Muzaffarpur town:  According to the Mahaparinirvana, the Buddha traveled from Pidhauli (mispronounced as Vaishali by Buddhists. Huen Tsang mispronounces it as 'Fe-she-li which the British translator deciphers as Vaishali) in his last journey. According to Buddhist texts he goes to Bandagama which I have identified with Bhatgaon village near Dalsinghsarai town. He then goes to Hathigama which I have identified with Musrigharari town. From here he goes to Ambagama which I have identified with Muradpur Bangra village. From here he goes to Jambugama which I have identified with 'Chainpur Bangra' village. From here he goes to Bhoganagara which I have identified with Bhagwanpur chowk in Muzaffarpur. He stays in the Anand Chaitya which I have identified as the Baba Garibnath temple area. All the four mentioned places are cross roads which means people from all corners of Bihar would come to pray at the spots he visited. From Bhoganagra he goes to Pava which I have identified with Parsa village.


Here is the link to the youtube video of Bhoganagara or Bhagwanpur:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Arn6j5y-1d0

No comments:

Post a Comment